1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Happy NBD!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by alanolynn, Jul 27, 2018.

1. alanolynn

alanolynn

Aug 19, 2012
    NNY
    Yup, first actual "new" bass in a long time. The Ibanez TMB-310.

Had it shipped to work so I could open it immediately. Zzounds worked another miracle and had it shipped in about 16 hrs from time of order.:wideyed:

Came set up okay. Most I could find was the neck has a lot of relief, but the instrument itself survived shipping. I'll have the check the electronics when I get home.

I'm still floored by the finish. Sure it's not for everyone, but this is DEFINITELY a head turner, whether you like it or not.

Suppose I should get back to work. *sigh*:unsure:
    IMG_20180727_130000.jpg

2. Raw N Low

Raw N Low If I can't hear it, hopefully I'll feel it Supporting Member

Jul 16, 2009
    Denver, Colorado
    Love the finish. Makes me think of the club and lounge scenes from the 70's. Congrats!

BrentSimons and alanolynn like this.
  3. bassstrangler

bassstrangler

Mar 2, 2015
    AZ
    Congratulations!

If I knew you wanted one I would have sold you mine. Great bass, but it sits in a case. I dug it when I bought it but as with most fancy sparkly items I lose interest. Mine came with a heavily birdseyed neck. Did yours? Or was mine a fluke?

Anyway, congratulations on the NBD, I hope you stay enthralled and play it as it should be played.

alanolynn likes this.
  4. JRA

JRA my words = opinion Supporting Member

what a looker! very nice! congratulations on your new instrument! :thumbsup:

Spidey2112 and alanolynn like this.
  5. Bodeanly

Bodeanly

Mar 20, 2015
    Chicago
    Cool brown bass. Just kidding. It’s red, right? Kidding again. Way too much coffee today. No offense to those who are seriously color blind. Block inlays always win!

6. alanolynn

alanolynn

Aug 19, 2012
    NNY
    Sadly no, plain jane maple. Still comfy though.

7. bholder

bholder Affable Sociopath Supporting Member

Sep 2, 2001
    Vestal, NY
    Received a gift from Sire* (see sig)
    Betcha it plays just like buttah. Green metallic sparkly buttah. Yummm. o_O

8. jd56hawk

jd56hawk

Sep 12, 2011
    The Garden State
    Good bass for a great price...best color, too.
    I wish Ibanez would offer this finish and maybe a few other sparkle finishes on the TMB600.

alanolynn likes this.
  9. alanolynn

alanolynn

Aug 19, 2012
    NNY
    Played an outdoor party yesterday and holy crap! This is the instrument I've been waiting for! So many tones, so much control, and sooooo much fun. I recommend this grooves machine to ANYONE!

bholder likes this.
  10. alanolynn

alanolynn

Aug 19, 2012
    NNY
    2018-07-30.jpg

Don't mind the goofy grin, haha

bholder, Mammoth_Bass and Spidey2112 like this.
  11. Spidey2112

Spidey2112

Aug 3, 2016
    That's not goofy... that's 'Cloud Nine'.

alanolynn likes this.
  12. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 16, 2021