1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Hard Case for Fender Jaguar Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Tiger_Bass, May 12, 2010.

1. Tiger_Bass

Tiger_Bass

May 9, 2010
    I'm trying to find a hard shell case (preferably shaped) for my Fender Jaguar Bass, can anyone recommend a suitable case. I'm particularly interested in the SKB standard shaped bass case, anyone know if a jag bass will fit in that?

2. I know that the Fender logo is kewl and all - but their stuff is just kinda expensive I think. I'm not really interested in buying things for future values - as I don't sell my children or my instruments either.

So I don't look at a case with a logo as an investment for my future retirement - I AM retired. MY first (deceased) wife and I collected baseball cards and they never will nor did get their investment back - not even the Nolan Ryans.

I have Roadrunner hard cases for all my guitars - even my AEB10, and they offer a lot of protection for the price - about $100.00 each with the candy discount card you get from GC and toss in the trash every month.

What I find is better than a female shaped* case is a square-ish one for the extra protection and stack-ability when you have more than one to take in-out of a gig or for a ride. Seeing a neck even in a shaped hard case kinda looks weak to me - just maybe me, but I like the extra material around the head/neck.

* ever notice that a guitar is basically female-shaped? I cannot attest to the very long neck - but hey, it sortta fits.

3. Jo6Pak

Jo6Pak

May 2, 2007
    the fender (g&g) hardshell jazz case fits the jag. i keep mine in one. coincidently, musicians friend has them on sale w/free shipping (as of this writing)...

okcrum likes this.
  4. nismaniac

nismaniac

Feb 21, 2005
    OKC, OK
    the entry level "squared" SKB universal PJ case will fit...that is what I use...I had GC throw it in when I bought my JAG.

5. Yep, I have a Fender P/J case that the Jag fits just fine.

6. DatBoyArt

DatBoyArt

May 12, 2012
    For anyone searching this article, as I did, I just bought a Fender Pro Series P/J Bass Guitar Case (#J01706), Item Number 109703314, and my Fender Jaguar Bass most certainly does not fit. Not exactly sure where I'm going to find an actual molded case, but I have a gator case that I had a PBass in and just swapped. The neck is long so the headstock is pretty snug in there. I am still looking for an actual fitted case or one designed for this guitar, but I hope none of you have the same problem and can avoid using a P/J Pro series case, as they don't fit your jaguar.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2015