Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Hard Wired IEM? (batteries not included)

Discussion in 'Live Sound [BG]' started by eagle67, Jul 22, 2013.

1. eagle67

eagle67

Nov 12, 2010
    I need advice finding an IEM that operates without batteries. I’m seeing lots of endorsement for the Rolls PM351/Shure PSM200 setup, but, the Shure needs a 9V battery. Hard wired is OK. Body pack feature is OK, but not essential. From what most everyone says here, an output limiter is a must. I need 3 inputs; my bass, vocal, and the full band mix. I’ve heard about the Rock On Audio Tasty Blender, and that sounds ideal, but I haven’t seen much love for it here on TB. So guys, what are my alternatives?

2. Peavey makes one, but I don't believe the limiter is really smooth. I think it's the HB2 or something like that. About a $100 - it's a 1/3 of a rack space I believe.

3. derrico1

derrico1 Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2005
    Charlottesville, VA
    In the right circumstances, I've gigged w/ the Rolls PM351 w/o a limiter.

4. Not a huge plethora of choice out there. I am relying on the limiter from the board but that is not really the safest solution. The rock-on-audio tasty blender seems to fit the bill.

I have never tried it but it could possibly do the job. The only thing I don't like about it is an absence of an xlr input (it only takes 1/4" jacks) although there are convertors for that.