Harley Benton Enhanced MP-50EB review

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by AlbertoRigoni, Apr 28, 2019.

1. AlbertoRigoni

AlbertoRigoni Supporting Member

Dec 20, 2009

stingray69, And I and Bass Man Dan like this.
  2. Mark76

Mark76

Dec 1, 2015
    Leicester
    The humbucker has a single coil mode on this or the Jazz plus MM version or both?

Also. Your room is sooo black I'm surprised any light can escape from it.

3. AlbertoRigoni

AlbertoRigoni Supporting Member

Dec 20, 2009
    no the hum bucker is fixed...

4. dabbler

dabbler

Aug 17, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    This is true, if you look closely in my pic you can spot the switch on my enhanced J to select one coil of the MM pup, but see that there is not one on the enhanced P.

IMGP4638a.jpg

IF I were going to mod my enhanced P to be able to select one coil of the MM, I would also add a switch to put the P pup in parallel mode, and I would probably only split the MM pup with the P pup split, so that the P would not overpower the single coil.

My biggest complaint about the controls on my HB enhanced basses is that the pup balance control only makes a noticeable difference over a VERY small range of travel right around the center detent. This is common among my basses with balance controls, but the region is MUCH smaller on these basses than ANY of my others. Perhaps a balance pot with different tapers could make this area larger, and if it could that would be a really helpful mod, IMO.

5. And I

And I Supporting Member

Feb 19, 2009
    Witchtown, MA
    This bass looks SWEET and sounds MEAN! What is the weight? And string spacing at the bridge?

6. MaglorOnBass

MaglorOnBass

Jan 23, 2018
    Would love to know the weight as well as the balance of this bass.

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 24, 2021