Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Hartke Amps

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ricman28, Oct 23, 2004.

1. ricman28

ricman28

Oct 23, 2004
    Has anyone here played through a Hartke VX3500 Combo (the combo amp with 4 speakers and the 350 watt head) ? I'm thinking of saving up for it but I'm not sure how the four 10 inch speakers would hold up considering the peavy stack I have now has distortion every time i play an E note. Any information on this Hartke amp will be appriciated.

2. You should just let everyone know what your budget is and then give those a test drive. This forum is not kind to hartke and these guys are pretty savvy on where to put your coinage for the most boom.

3. {OE}

{OE}

Sep 23, 2004
    Connecticut, U.S.
    Also, A little more info. in your profile would help. ;)

What kind of music will it be used for; in what type of application, etc.... ( ie. a bedroom practice amp, band practice, gigging, etc...)

I wouldnt rec. Hartke paper cones and so far it sounds like you would better off w/ a head and cab. set up instead of a combo.

4. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    FWIW, I like Hartke amps even though I don't use them anymore. I have never had a problem with one. They don't have the sound I'm after but still a nice tone. That combo IIRC has the 3500 head. As for the speakers, I haven't had a chance to try them yet. Most 4x10 cabs should be able to handle the low E with no problem as long as you are not boosting the really low frequencies. Your Peavey just might be on its last leg and thats why it can't handle it. If you need more low end, buy a head and a 2x12 or a 1x15 cab or both. Good luck.

Ofcourse, more info on what your doing would help.