1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Hartke broken

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by RonChase, Jul 26, 2012.

1. RonChase

RonChase

Aug 15, 2008
    Have been having the worst luck with amp heads,I had 2 stolen on.a gig a few years back I have best luck with a Peavey mark 4 and mark 3 Ifeel my favorites were my G-K Trace Elliot and old Accoustic. I have a Carvin about 30 years old the cab is mint it looks new the head just stopped and I was told parts could not be found so I bought 2 Hartkes and one malfunctioned right away and I had it fixed but the stronger of the 2 the 250 watt one sounds fantastic well on a show this weekend during encore it just stopped working but it does power up I checked for a inline fuse but did not see one, is there anything simple I can check? Before I send it out for repair?

2. RonChase

RonChase

Aug 15, 2008
    Oh it is the one on the left and thanks you guys always have good input with troubleshooting

3. RonChase

RonChase

Aug 15, 2008
    It stopped on this gig I feel it's something simple help

4. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    The only user serviceable parts are tubes and cleaning the effects loop jacks. Can't remember if those models have tubes or not, but if they do, swap a good tube out and see what happens. For the loop jacks, best to use contact cleaner but you stick a plug in the loop jacks a bunch of times really fast and that should knock enough corrosion out to get it working again if that's the problem. If not, call Hartke CS in the morning and they'll tell you what you'd need to do to get them fixed.

5. Farfetched

Farfetched

Jan 7, 2009
    Maybe call Larry himself...

6. Larry Hartke

Larry Hartke

Feb 27, 2010
    Hartke Systems
    Hey Ron,

First question is did you buy the Hartke heads new? I'm guessing you didn't?

7. RonChase

RonChase

Aug 15, 2008
    I did send Larry a personal note,yeh some stuff I get new and some used,I think it's a simple fix and to the dude with the run on sentence. FactofthemattrisitwaslateIwastiteditswasdarkanfdthepxycontinandoxycodomewerekickingmebuyspellingratesanAno?

8. ?? Okay I thought about helping ;)

9. will33

will33

May 22, 2006
    austin,tx
    I'm the dude with the run-on sentence. I deleted it this morning 'cause I thought it was kinda mean and maybe not all that funny.

All I could pick out of yours was "oxycodome were kicking" so it's all good. That stuff can kinda make ya "cruise" after a while.:)

Anyway, I'll be of whatever help I can, sorry about that, but, Hartke will take care of you.