1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Hartke HA 3500 cooling fan

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by 81precision, Dec 11, 2011.

1. 81precision

81precision

Dec 4, 2011
    Having just bought a used 3500 the fan seems a bit loud to me when using at low volume. Is this normal for this model or is it going.

2. grendle

grendle

Mar 4, 2011
    Central FL
    They are a little loud, but it shouldn't make grinding or airplane noises. If so replace it.

3. 81precision

81precision

Dec 4, 2011
    Sounds like a small vacuum. Running smoothly. May order one just for piece of mind.

4. grendle

grendle

Mar 4, 2011
    Central FL
    That's about right. The volume comes from the fin design, flow, and RPM. As long as its not grinding or oscillating its fine.

5. 81precision

81precision

Dec 4, 2011
    The fin design makes sense. Just seemed worth looking into but with your input , its fine. Louder than I've known in the past. Thanks !!!

6. joenoone

joenoone

Mar 21, 2009
    Clermont, FL
    Yea, the factory fan is loud. I know this is an old thread, but thought I'd post my solution to this problem anyway. Researching around on the net I found that you can easily replace the fan with a quieter one. I used THIS FAN from Digi-Key which only cost $8.74 and replaced the existing one. With the new one I barely know it's even on now in my quiet room.

The stats I recalled seeing on the factory fan is Air Flow of ~24 CFM (the one above has 26.1 CFM), is dimensions of 80mm L x 80mm H x 25mm W, and is a 24V DC fan.

I want to say I saw somewhere the factory fan had a noise level of 27 dB while the one I replaced it with has rated noise level of only 19 dB. Remember, dB's are logarithmic so that's a vast improvement.

For reference I have the old fan sitting here. It's labeled :

NONOIse fan model A8025H24B-FH, rated DC 24V and 0.095A made by "Oriental Electronics, CO. LTD"

7. The factory fan can definitely seem a little loud in quiet spaces. I still would not characterize it as noisy though, as the sound is quite smooth and steady.

Joenoone's suggestion about the replacement fan is interesting. I may have to check that out myself!