1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Hartke HA5500 tube preamp no output

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Calciumis, Jan 13, 2013.

1. As the title says, the Hartke HA5500s tube preamp has no output signal. I was playing and it was working just dandy, then when i adjusted it later on i heard it all of a sudden had no output signal.
    Its not really a big deal as i prefer the SS preamp, but i did enjoy mixing the SS with the Tube (while it lasted).
    This amp isnt new, i started using it today but i bought it off a guy who owned it for 5 years.
    If anyone has any idea what the problem might be help is much appreciated.

2. Venom of God

Venom of God

Oct 8, 2007
    Australia
    Probably the pre-amp tube, easy to open up and replace on those!

3. after googling the life expectancy of tubes, it seems very probable that the tube has had a long full life and died. So ill get a replacement tube as its only $30 for a decent one. I remember the tube preamp sounding incredibly muddy anyway so i might as well even if its not dead.
    Thanks

4. Venom of God

Venom of God

Oct 8, 2007
    Australia
    I had a HA3500 as my first "real" amp, the tube went all horrible sounding after about 4 years!

5. I replaced the tube and there is still no output :( a few people with HA3500s are getting burnt out resistors and such, might be the cause?
    wonder how much repair shops charge for these kinds of jobs...

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 9, 2021