1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Hartke HD and KB Combo Club

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Yahboy, Oct 4, 2017.

1. Yahboy

Yahboy

May 21, 2008
    Even Hartke HD and KB combo is not as famous as Fender Rumble at TB here , but as a KB owner , let us start a club to share/discuss our opinion, EQ setting suggestion, pro and con here.

Welcome to Hartke HD and KB Combo Club.

Here is mine, from Fender Rumble 200/150 to Hartke KB15.
    The reason choose the KB15 is Tone , Watts , Loud , Tight Lo-End , Easy-Simple Tone Dial,
    light weight, Great Solid tone present with Low B string .

YAP_6764.JPG YAP_6767.JPG YAP_6770.JPG

Youngspanion and dbase like this.
  2. Yahboy

Yahboy

May 21, 2008
    Member List

#001 Yahboy KB15

3. dbase

dbase Gold Supporting Member

Jan 3, 2008
    South Jersey, USA..
    Funny you should post this .. I'm looking to trading my Hartke LH500 with two Hydrive 112's for a small combo that I can carry but has balls and tone. Also been looking at the Fender rumble combo. I play in bands with loud drummers. One band has a large PA system and I can always use the DI output to be heard but the other band I cannot so I need all the loudness I can get from the amp. I don't want to loose any headroom so tell me.. does this KB15 hold its own in a band setting or is it just for small gigs and practice? I've seen them at my local music store just haven't tried them out yet. I need three things, 1. Lightweight, 2. Loudness/Tone, 3. Must fit in my car trunk.

Yahboy likes this.
  4. Yahboy

Yahboy

May 21, 2008
    The KB 15 is only 15.6kg in weight and acceptable size for carrying. But i have no idea about the tone / loudness different between KB15 Vs LH500+Hy112x2.

5. bassman74

bassman74 Supporting Member

Jan 2, 2007
    Montreal
    I am a great fan of the KB12. I don't have one but it's on my list. I tried 3 of them in three different shop. It's powerful, it sounds great, the shape knob is amazing, It has all the features I need, kickback, lots of power, tight bass and it growls like crazy.

6. Ampslut

Ampslut

May 15, 2017
    I have an older (USA) 120 WATT Kick Back 10 that is my go to practice/small jam amp.

7. twc1313

twc1313 Practice is the cure for GAS...or so I've heard.

Oct 28, 2013
    Pittsburgh, Pa
    Funny you've posted this. I see the HD500 2x10 combo is out now...very tempting

8. AstralBirth

AstralBirth Supporting Member

So just last night I went to my local Sam Ash in Hollywood, CA and tried out their HD410 with a darkglass 900 head which i would think is a KILLER combo but I left rather disappointed. Not the cabinet but the Darkglass Head, after two hours of trying out the head I ended up switching over to Hartkes LH1000 Head and had decent results. It seemed to have done a hell of a better job than darkglass :eek:

When testing out the darkglass Head the results sounded way too boomy and untamed in volume. Especially when engaging the Microtubes, it seemed to drastically increase in volume by at least 10+dB then when disengaged my clean tones dropped by -15dB which right there is an issue. I’m pretty sure it’s an amp problem and most likely more suited on a darkglass thread I’m in but I just wanted to address it out there from personal experience.

The Hartke HD410 was very responsive on my playing when paired to the LH1000 with high end clarity and punchy low end. It was very easy shaping my tone like I do my Hartke HD500 210 I own and gig with consecutively. Loving the new upgrades Hartke has been delivering :thumbsup:

9. Bassndrums73

Bassndrums73

Mar 13, 2018
    Ohio
    3A029EBB-285D-4A95-AB48-137F508729DD. Here’s my Hartke HD410 + HD115 + LH1000 rig. Hard t believe there aren’t more Hartke posts here. What’s up with that?

10. Bassndrums73

Bassndrums73

Mar 13, 2018
    Ohio
    A week and no reply. I guess that answers my question.