1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Hartke LH1000

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by gotbass1228, Apr 6, 2009.

1. Hey. My name is Joe. Ive been using this forum as a resource for years, I just now decided to become a member. Ive been playing bass for almost 10 years. My favorite bands are Rush (i have a couple tattoos), Dream Theater, and Lamb of God. I own around 6 basses. I have a homemade P bass. I have a Geddy Lee bass, a random Jazz bass, a Rickenbacker 4003 (jetglo), and a six string Ibanez 506. I have an ampeg 810 and an ampeg 115. For the smaller rug im using a seymore duncan 400 watt head. and for the 10 im using a vintage "sunn concert lead". I also am running my Sansamp RBI.

Now, my question for this thread is this... Although I have seen several reviews on this sight about this amp. How well would the Hartke LH1000 work with an ampeg 810 and a ansamp RBI?:bassist::bassist:

btw, im part of TRF (The Rush Forum). maybe people know me?:hyper:

THANKS!

2. MingusBass

MingusBass Commercial User

Sep 27, 2004
    Fort Wayne,Indiana
    Sweetwater Sound-Sales
    It would work great. The LH1000 is very powerful head with a beautiful warm and punchy tone. I run mine through a NV610 and it's brilliant.

3. thanks alot!

4. NorCal Dog

NorCal Dog

Nov 28, 2005
    415/707
    i ran a 4PRO for close to 5 years, my LH1000 sounds SOOOOOO much better

5. Some people are going to really give it to me if they remember..

I had a thread a while back on how I had this head, and I didn't like it.. Those reasons are completely unknown to me now :D

I love this thing, and I bet you would too.

One of the best heads I've ever owned, I 100% recommend it :)

6. Chef

Chef Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    I would think that would work really well.
    The LH100's tone is clean by nature; putting the sansamp in front would let you dial in grit at your disgression.
    Good call.

7. awesome. Something else that im very curious about is using 2 cabs to the same head. can i even do that? like the 810 and like a 115? ya know, for some low lows. =). any advice on that would be great!

8. Chef

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Depends on the ohm rating of the cabs in question.
    go to the samson/hartke web site, and download the lh1000 manual.
    It'll tell you what ohm loads it supports.

9. I have a similar question..

The LH1000 has 4 inputs on the back, and I know it's 2 power amps.. So my question is.. Could I hook a cab up to each of these inputs? :O = 4 cabs off of one head?

10. Chef

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    again, the manual will tell you all this.
    it is two amps, bridgeable into one.

the manual decribes all this and is easily downloaded.

11. NorCal Dog

NorCal Dog

Nov 28, 2005
    415/707
    yes,,, you could run four 8ohm cabs

12. frankieg

frankieg

Jun 24, 2008
    Cleveland, OH
    Hartke
    Glad to see you came around Bass-Masta16! Anways, the LH1000 is a beast IME! Plenty of power and tone. Don't let the EQ trick you into thinking you can't dial in a lot of different tones because it's an awesome set up! It is two 500 watt amps and that can be used as one amp bridged for 1000 watts. You can use the amp as two amps and have two 4 ohm cabs connected to it. It even has a balance control on the front of it in case you don't want to send the same amount of power to both cabs just for this purpose. However, there is a little switch on the back of the amp. Do not have that switch on bridge mode and have a load of less than 4 ohms. In order to run two 4 ohm cabs you have to have the switch in stereo mode. I also suggest reading the manual on the Hartke site to get a thorough understanding. Feel free to ask any questions though.

13. welpers. Thanks for all the help. any other feedback on this amp would be great. are there any downsides?

14. MingusBass

MingusBass Commercial User

Sep 27, 2004
    Fort Wayne,Indiana
    Sweetwater Sound-Sales
    The trend as of the last few years is towards extremely lightweight amps that will fit in your gig bag. The LH1000 is a little over 30 pounds and it's easier to carry around when racked, so it's not exactly a lightweight amp. That being said, I own a Little Mark II and while it's a great sounding head and a joy to carry around, the LH1000 sounds better to my ears.

Some might say the EQ is limited but I've had no trouble getting exactly the sound I'm after.

15. Aeroprof

Aeroprof

Nov 27, 2008
    Tuscaloosa, AL
    Anybody had experience with this amp running two different cabs of differing impedance? (In other words are the two power amps really "separate?") Can I run a 4 ohm 1x15 cab in channel A and a 8 ohm 2x10 cab in channel B?

Thanks in advance!