1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Hartke Transporter / 410 TP

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Clark W, Feb 13, 2020 at 9:17 PM.

1. Buy it, it's only 80 bucks

18 vote(s)
    85.7%
  2. Pass

2 vote(s)
    9.5%
  3. Does it come with carrots?

1 vote(s)
    4.8%
  1. Clark W

Clark W Supporting Member

Aug 26, 2018
    From some reading I've done here the Hartke 410 TP is not as rugged as Hartke's XL series, reviews are mixed. But I ran across one for 80 bucks. I mean for 80 bucks I don't think it's a bad deal for an extra cab to hang out in my music room with an occasional trip every now and then.

What do you guys think?

2. $50. I believe it's the same speakers in the standard XL . Just lighter wood cabinet.

Aqualung60 likes this.
  3. Clark W

Aug 26, 2018
    I doubt he'll go 50 bucks on it, wanted a 100, but I'll offer it and see what he says. GC is wanting 199 for one that looks like it has more wear. The bright side is I drive right by the guy's house on my way home from work. So there's no extra driving involved to get it if I want it. The other side to all of that. I don't really need it. And a 410 rated at 8 ohms and only 300 watts is never going to get used much by me outside of being mic'ed for recording if I even do that much with it when I have GK gear that probably sounds better. But I'm a gear junkie and it's hard to pass up on stuff with cheap prices.

4. joebeadg

joebeadg

Sep 1, 2010
    eustis fl
    I think the speakers are actually different between the tp and xl. but they are fine. Stu ham did a clinic at sam ash in NY and he used a 4/10 tp cab. could have used anything in the store, and he used that, and of course he sounded awsome

GreaserMatt likes this.
  5. Folks are having trouble selling Goliath cabs for $100. I'm just not feeling his price but that's my thing.

6. Clark W

Aug 26, 2018
    I hear ya, I'm gonna offer 50 for it, and pass if he doesn't bite

thetragichero likes this.
  7. jnewmark

jnewmark Just wanna play the groove. Supporting Member

Aug 31, 2006
    Stax 1966
    Third St. Cigar Records staff musician.
    I was backlined supplied with one of these cabs, along with a Hartke 3500 head. It was one of the best backlines I ever played through, great tone, cut through mix in a nice way at what I would call medium volume. I'd get it if you can spare the bucks.

GreaserMatt and Bassdirty like this.
  8. Bassdirty

Bassdirty

Jul 23, 2010
    CT
    Hey, if you got the scratch, go ahead. Never played through one myself, but I understand it was there low end line at the time. Personally I don't use Hartke stuff (other than an old Kickback that I found on the side of the road, tried to haggle him down but..) ;) ,

Ive heard plenty that sound just fine.

I sold my goliath III for 300. Never seen one go for 100.

If its working (all of the speakers) then its probably worth 80 Dollars.

YMMV

9. InhumanResource

InhumanResource

Dec 28, 2012
    Do you need a cheap cab for something? If so, sure buy it! Doesn't get much cheaper than that.

Helix and Alik like this.
  10. Blues Bass 2

Blues Bass 2 Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2001
    Davenport Iowa
    Those sound very good . Lots of GK/Hartke rigs back in the 80s/90s . If it's just going to sit in one place a very good deal .

11. gorneyg

gorneyg Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2012
    New Jersey
    From a TBer
    ... the difference between the hartke tp, and the hartke xl. The Transporter series uses cheaper speakers with smaller magnets, in a sealed box. The XL is ported and uses more expensive aluminum cone drivers in a ported box. The transport series is designed specifically to be as light as possible.

David Jayne likes this.
  12. 6thplanet

6thplanet

Aug 17, 2019
    Indiana
    The TP's use aluminum cones, too. Yes, they are a lower cost driver compared to the XL's.

Clark W likes this.
  13. I have two of those I bought new and have one in the band's rehearsal space and pretty much let another bass playing friend have the other one. Easy to move by yourself and good sound though not a huge bottom end.

14. FronTowardEnemy

FronTowardEnemy It is better to go unnoticed, than to suck

Sep 19, 2006
    Plainfield Illinois
    I rocked one of these cabs for the better part of 10 years in the 90’s-early 2000’s. I liked it a lot and later sold it off for $100 about 10 years ago. Decent cab for sure, if you can use it, definitely worth $80.

Omega Monkey and steelbed45 like this.
  15. Clark W

Aug 26, 2018
    The Transporter uses aluminum cones and is ported as well. But...
    It's only rated for 300 watts @ 8 ohms. I got two 10s (GK) that are rated higher than that. 300 is kind of weak for a 410 cab

The worst part of the deal for me, he's taken the grill and painted it red along with the Hartke logo & the Transporter Badge that goes in the lower corner. Other than that it looks to be in decent shape. I could take the grill off and re paint it black I guess. Or leave it alone.

_hartke_02.jpg

_hartke_01.jpg

GreaserMatt and Helix like this.
  16. I have the 2x10 version of the Transporter and I really like it. I use it at home for practice and on top of a grody old EV 2x12 for rehearsal and shows. I have a 100W tube head, and I go pretty mid-range-heavy, so I have no issues with power handling or low end. I also record through it sometimes, and find it pretty bright and sizzly. A darker mic off-axis can be just the thing to get a nice balance. I would be all over this cab for 80 bucks, looks notwithstanding.

17. Clark W

Aug 26, 2018
    I'm going to go get it. I just called him and got him down to 60 bucks for it.

18. good price. hard to give these away so it's nice the guy was willing to work with ya. great cabs but it seems like everybody has a hartke 4x10 lying around. I've got a nice 4.5xl i couldn't even unload at guitar center

DJ Bebop and Clark W like this.
  19. Clark W

Aug 26, 2018
    So yes I got it. And for 60 bucks. And I might even got a lead on a new guitarist for one of the band projects I'm involved in.

thetragichero likes this.
  20. 2tonic

2tonic

Dec 22, 2015
    1. Research
    2. Counteroffer
    3. PROFIT! :D

4. Bonus....lead on new guitarist!
    Looks like you have a new Valentine! :roflmao:

Clark W likes this.