1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Has anyone used/owned a Dean Juggernaut or Paramount bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by MateoG78, May 8, 2019.

1. MateoG78

MateoG78

Feb 3, 2019
    Chicago
    I've been looking at these and they're going for pretty low at GC. I own a Dean Edge 09 and I like it very much.

How would the Dean P and J basses compare to a standard Fender J or P bass? (In terms of quality, sound, etc.) Also how would it compare to one of the newer Squier basses?

Would the Dean bass be good in the long run?

B-Mac likes this.
  2. B-Mac

B-Mac Just like Aretha Sang... R-E-S-P-E-C-T Supporting Member

Stop on in to Dean Club!!!
    Dean Club!!!
    A few Paramount and Juggernaut owners.

I just recently bought an open box Juggernaut and love it. The neck is thin and fast. 9.2 lbs. 22 frets

For $299 it’s a steal
    Made at Un Sung factory in Korea
    EEAE095A-D007-42EC-BFEF-B12C14386F05.jpeg

FenderBassist and MateoG78 like this.
  3. MateoG78

MateoG78

Feb 3, 2019
    Chicago
    Do you think this bass would last in the long run and would it be good to mod?

4. B-Mac

I purchased Dean USA DMT hot and vintage pups for it but have not yet put them in.

As far as whether it will last I don’t see why it wouldn’t. It has an Alder body which is more durable than basswood.

@Sub-Frequency gigs with his Paramount

@Jimbowhit7 has several sound samples of his Paramount posted at Dean Club!!!

@Mark Yurick also recently bought a Paramount and loves it.

Last edited: May 9, 2019
  5. B-Mac

Just noticed that the Paramount is now down to $259 at GC, MF, M123 and W&B

Just noticed that the Juggernaut is now down to $264 at MF and W&B

Last edited: May 9, 2019
    Da_Niet likes this.
  6. FenderBassist

FenderBassist

Oct 28, 2005
    Just pulled the trigger on a Juggernaut. Was looking to get a J style bass on a budget, something to put a set of flats & StrapLoks on and play. First looked at a new production Squier CV, but reading the reviews convinced me to take a chance on this model. Cost $247 (down from $264) after applying existing MF Loyalty Points, tax and shipping included. Thank you for sharing your experiences.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2019
    ed morgan and B-Mac like this.
  7. FenderBassist

FenderBassist

Oct 28, 2005
    Also pulled the trigger on a Paramount...to use it for flat tunings. I strongly prefer leaving my existing P basses in standard tuning and not changing the relief/intonation for different situations. Some of the blues people I meet want the guitars in E flat A430 tuning, and I lost interest in 5 string basses 2 decades ago, so this bass will find its Special Purpose (just like Navin Johnson).

Last edited: Jul 29, 2019
  8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 26, 2021