Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Have a Question

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by HiFi, Aug 21, 2004.

1. HiFi

HiFi

Apr 20, 2002
    Anaheim, CA
    I've been offered an (8 ohm) Ampeg SVT-210Pro cab in a trade.

I would be pairing the cab with a Behringer BX3000T and an Avatar 4x10 (4 ohm) cab. I know little about these matters at the moment sadly and I'm wondering if they would pair up well and if anyone has any experience with a similar setup or even with just the Ampeg cab.

Basically, I need to know if the setup would work and if the Ampeg cab is worth acquiring and if the 4 ohms and 8 ohms difference will present a problem. Thanks for any help.

2. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    If the Behringer can handle a load under 4ohms, you will be OK. If not, you will only be able to use one of those cabs at a time.

-Mike

3. The Behringer amp won't handle those two cabs. It only goes down to 4 ohms...those cabs together would be 2.67 ohms. This would shut the amp down.

4. HiFi

HiFi

Apr 20, 2002
    Anaheim, CA
    Okay, thanks for the replies. My last question is this:

If I pair the BX3000T with an Avatar 410 (4 ohms) and an Avatar 210 (4 ohms), that will be fine I assume? I'm trying to learn more about the whole ohm thing but I'm not sure how to add them just yet.

5. nope, that would drop it down to 2ohms....pretty much right now with the head you have you can run

(1) 4ohm cab (which is what you have right now)

or

(2) 8ohm cabs