Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Have You Ever.....

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by outofthedeep, Jun 13, 2004.

1. outofthedeep

outofthedeep Guest

Jan 14, 2004
    East Texas
    Have you even made a really dumb mistake literaly minutes before playing? I made one 2 Sundays ago before playing praise and worship in the 1st service of my church.
    the first thing that went wrong was that I left my bass at the church after practice the night before, so although I had intended to change the strings at home, I couldn't. 2nd thing was, I overslept, and since I had planned on changing the strings before service, it put me way behind. 3rd thing, I let out acoustic player start messing with me as I was sitting in the middle of the stage trying to change my strings 5 minutes before we are supposed to sound check.
    So there I am a little tired, rushed, and distracted. I get my old strings off ( I clipped them at the tuners) and began to string it up. I have a 5 string, so 1st string is the low B. As I go to trim it up just a bit, I don't pay attention, and clipola, my low B is suddenly an inch too short. No extra strings, no back up bass, nothing. Needless to say I panic. I know the old B is to short because I clipped it, and I think I am going to have to only go w/ 4 strings. But it did work out, as my old E was just long enough, and suprisingly gave a great growl tone, that I am still using.
    anyway, sorry for the long post, I just wanted to share, and to see if anyone else did stupid stuff.

2. danshee

danshee Banned

May 28, 2004
    Chicago, Illinois
    dude, I think everyone has. I played a gig about a year ago and my twin brother came to see us play. We have the same warped sense of humor. So in the middle of a song for his enjoyment I was "air-humping" my bass. We both thought it was hilarious. No one else realized that it was a joke and started making fun of me saying that I was this wannabe eighties dork. :ninja: Needless to say, I left that gig fast when we were done.

3. bloodfairy13

bloodfairy13

Feb 27, 2004
    Kentucky
    Ihave never done anything but my dad did...
    he was at a gig soemwhere and for some reason he didn't have his bass and so, he was using a friend's...well, the friend's bass had a cord jack in the front...he was doing okay but he stepped on the cord to the amp...he rippped out the cord and ripped off the entire front to the bass... :eek:

that is my story... :bassist: :bassist:

4. devain21to7

devain21to7

Jun 5, 2004
    sippi
    On the way to a gig in Savannah I slept the whole way after drinking a few talls . When we got to the bar I had to piss like a ****ing Monkey.I was about to go when my drummer said he'd bet me that i wouldnt last the entire show without pissing. So I took the bet, 100$. Well during the show Im trying so hard to hold it, until during the 7th song I couldnt hold it anymore, I burst andpissed all over myself. That was so damn embarrassing.