1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Have You Ever.....

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by outofthedeep, Jun 13, 2004.

1. outofthedeep

outofthedeep Guest

Jan 14, 2004
    East Texas
    Have you even made a really dumb mistake literaly minutes before playing? I made one 2 Sundays ago before playing praise and worship in the 1st service of my church.
    the first thing that went wrong was that I left my bass at the church after practice the night before, so although I had intended to change the strings at home, I couldn't. 2nd thing was, I overslept, and since I had planned on changing the strings before service, it put me way behind. 3rd thing, I let out acoustic player start messing with me as I was sitting in the middle of the stage trying to change my strings 5 minutes before we are supposed to sound check.
    So there I am a little tired, rushed, and distracted. I get my old strings off ( I clipped them at the tuners) and began to string it up. I have a 5 string, so 1st string is the low B. As I go to trim it up just a bit, I don't pay attention, and clipola, my low B is suddenly an inch too short. No extra strings, no back up bass, nothing. Needless to say I panic. I know the old B is to short because I clipped it, and I think I am going to have to only go w/ 4 strings. But it did work out, as my old E was just long enough, and suprisingly gave a great growl tone, that I am still using.
    anyway, sorry for the long post, I just wanted to share, and to see if anyone else did stupid stuff.

2. danshee

danshee Banned

May 28, 2004
    Chicago, Illinois
    dude, I think everyone has. I played a gig about a year ago and my twin brother came to see us play. We have the same warped sense of humor. So in the middle of a song for his enjoyment I was "air-humping" my bass. We both thought it was hilarious. No one else realized that it was a joke and started making fun of me saying that I was this wannabe eighties dork. :ninja: Needless to say, I left that gig fast when we were done.

3. bloodfairy13

bloodfairy13

Feb 27, 2004
    Kentucky
    Ihave never done anything but my dad did...
    he was at a gig soemwhere and for some reason he didn't have his bass and so, he was using a friend's...well, the friend's bass had a cord jack in the front...he was doing okay but he stepped on the cord to the amp...he rippped out the cord and ripped off the entire front to the bass... :eek:

that is my story... :bassist: :bassist:

4. devain21to7

devain21to7

Jun 5, 2004
    sippi
    On the way to a gig in Savannah I slept the whole way after drinking a few talls . When we got to the bar I had to piss like a ****ing Monkey.I was about to go when my drummer said he'd bet me that i wouldnt last the entire show without pissing. So I took the bet, 100$. Well during the show Im trying so hard to hold it, until during the 7th song I couldnt hold it anymore, I burst andpissed all over myself. That was so damn embarrassing.