1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Have You Guys Seen These H-Clamps?

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by spikesstickies, Aug 22, 2007.

1. [​IMG]

Thought they looked pretty interesting, might actually be a good substitute for people who mount their condensers to bridges with elastics.

Apparently mounting the clamp in such a way, i.e. on the ribs itself, minimizes dampening as compared to mounting on the bridge, which is a rather vital part of sound transmission.

2. bolo

bolo

May 29, 2005
    Apex, NC
    Yup. IMO/IME the product works as advertised and their customer service is outstanding.

There are a couple of prior threads somewhere in this forum if you search around.

Attached Files:

3. Oh alright great stuff then but before I go and confirm my order, just a few questions.

-Noticed that there isn't any sort of padding, i.e. soft suede, on the contact surfaces. Won't that mar your bass or something?
    -Does it cause any imbalances in weight when attached?

4. The contact surfaces are padded with rubber. I haven't noticed any damage at all.

The balance of the bass can be somewhat different, depending on where you attach the H-clamp, but personally that doesn't bother me. YMMV.

Don't forget to read the manual! Lots of great information in it.

5. skidrawk

skidrawk

Jan 21, 2007
    Space City, TX