1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Hell-O!!

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by menyou6873, May 4, 2010.

1. menyou6873

menyou6873

May 1, 2010
    Chicago
    I came across this site searching for a bass review.
    I have been viewing the articles for a couple of days before joining and have to say glad I found you folks.

I am in the Midwest (Chicago) and have been a drummer for 30 years and a bass player (unofficial) for 28 - (cripes I am old)

Anyway, I first learned the double bass in 8th grade from a disciple of Rufus Reid...but fell off of lessons due to the economics of the times.

I bought my first electric when i was at Illinois State - A 1989 Peavey Fury. Anyway, while looking for a new bass, I just wanted to look up a price for a Double bass because frankly, I remember having fun playing it.

So while I am a drummer, I love my bass just as well. I am looking to find new ways of playing my electric, but want to explore some Jazz and obtain a double bass...glad I found you all!

2. Welcome to TB. :cool:

3. Welcome to TB menyou!

Watch out for bassteban,he looks nothing like his avatar pic. ;)

4. DeluxeRed

DeluxeRed

Jun 2, 2009
    A fun, price-concious alternative is one of the electric upright "sticks" like my NAS WAV4. 90% of the fun with 10% of the hassle. Loads of fun, really pretty, and never fails to draw attention. Sounds good too, running through my regular rig with an a/b switch.

A good way to get back into uprights.