1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Hello everybody!

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by BobMakesMusic, Feb 10, 2020.

1. BobMakesMusic

BobMakesMusic

Jan 26, 2020
    Chicago, IL
    Endorsing Artist: GHS Strings, Innovation Strings, Form Factor Audio
    Hello, hello. I realized that I didn’t make an introductory post when I signed up a few weeks ago. I just kind of jumped on into the deep end.

Here’s my basic details. I’m from Chicago. I’m not really a bass player. Ok, that’s a bit of a lie. Yes I play bass but I consider myself a singer first. I went to school for opera and have sung all over the globe. I have sung on a few Grammy nominated albums, and I’m currently singing in the Chicago Symphony Chorus and singing a few operas a year.

As a bassist I work mainly in musical theatre. I play about 100 performances a year. I do double, but electric is where I’m most comfortable. Recently I’ve been backing up a singer-songwriting team here in Chicago. We play a mix of what I call the “aging millennial playlist” and originals of the writers. Things like late 90’s/early 2000’s alternative rock, with some classic rock thrown in.

So yeah, I’m a bit of a jack of all trades. I’m looking forward to exploring the forums and getting to know the lot of you. My profile has all of my social media links if you feel so inclined to help that out.

Thanks for having me.

flojob likes this.
  2. Malcolm35

Malcolm35

Aug 7, 2018
    Welcome and do chime in. I look forward to your comments.

Happy trails.