1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Hello from Kingbassist!

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by Kingbassist, Apr 3, 2006.

1. Kingbassist

Kingbassist

Dec 18, 2005
    Guildford
    Hello everyone. Thought I'd say hello as I've never posted anything on this site before. I'm a busy bass player playing in and around London in various soul, disco and latin bands and doing a fair bit of depping in west end shows Mamma Mia and Billy Elliot. I also teach a couple of days a week at 2 schools.
    I'm currently having a matched pair of basses made by luthier Chris McIntyre. Fretted and fretless 5 strings. Jazz style basses with 1 piece ash bodies with flame maple fronts (black stain with matt finish) and ebony fingerboards. Have been looking through various threads on the forums to see what people think of the pickups I've gone for - EMG 40P5 at the neck and 40TW at the bridge with the EMG BTC 2 band cicuit (can't be arsed with a middle control). Anyway, very excited now as they're almost ready!.. What's the general concensus on the electronics I've gone for?? Well, happy bassing people!:bassist: