1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

hello from me & recommendation for a transportable rig?

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by vier-personen, Apr 10, 2006.

1. vier-personen

vier-personen

Apr 10, 2006
    Hi!

I recently joined talkbass and would like to introduce myself.
    I live in central europe and play mostly double bass in various bands that could be described as contemporary/jazz/improv, and I as I try to make a living from playing, I also play jobs (bar, brunch, etc.)
    In the last few months I also play bass guitar (yes-it is a guitar :bassist: ).
    Alltogether I´m playing 12 or 13 years, and I studied jazz-double bass in the conservatory for the last 5 years, I´m nearly finished.

My stuff (in case you´re interested):
    Double Bass - ca. 100year old bohemian, maker unknown
    Bow (german) - Georg Hoyer (quite ok), Carbondix (cheap and ok)
    Pickup - AKG C411 (acutally a mic), old Shertler I don´t use anymore
    Bassguitar - 70ies Gibson Ripper
    Fx - Zvex Octane3, Zoom Ultra Fuzz, MXR 10Band Eq, Moogerfooger Ring Modulator
    Amp - SWR Workingman12

I´m currently shopping for a better amp & cab. I don´t like the SWRs tone with my upright nor my gibson and it´s not loud enough.
    Any recommendations? Easy transport (=lightweight, small size) is after tone the most important thing for me! And I´m more into the head + cab concept at the moment.