1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Hello from NC

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by sirpaulsbuddy, Jan 13, 2020.

1. sirpaulsbuddy

sirpaulsbuddy Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2020
    Greensboro, NC
    Hello bass players,

Like some others I've been a lurker at TalkBass for a good while - and, as a fellow newbie noted, I've found TalkBass a great resource for info on buying/selling gear and hearing what sorts of strings, etc., players everywhere use.

While I'm a newbie here, I've been playing bass since 1971 (switched from rhythm guitar - a change I have always believed was at least one smart thing I've done). I've played and owned a bunch of basses - started on a Vox Sidewinder, played one of the late sixties Fender Tele basses with the flower/paisley stuff on it, had an EB3 long scale with slot neck tuners among others. Occasionally I just go out and price some of that vintage gear I once owned when I need a good cry. ;-)

Right now I have a Fender JP-90 I love, a Fender MIM '55 Precision which I don't (love the sound but the weight breaks my aging back), a Hofner because - well, see my user name for simple explanation, and an Epi Jack Casady which I think may be the best affordable bass made (mine's great, anyway).

So. Enough about me. How are ya'll doing?

Oddly likes this.
  2. Malcolm35

Malcolm35

Aug 7, 2018
    Good. Welcome.

3. Yes, welcome.
    I started playing bass in 1970 and I'm with you on owning a Hofner and Jack Casady bass. You'll find this forum to be a good resource. And it's sometimes entertaining.

sirpaulsbuddy likes this.