1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Hello from northern Minnesota

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by 67precision, Jan 9, 2012.

1. 67precision

67precision

Jan 25, 2011
    Up North, MN
    Hi all,

I have been on the forums for a while now but wanted to throw out a formal greeting.

I'm 49 and have been playing pro since 1978. Spent time in Boston during the 80's and have played every kind of gig imaginable - theater, jingles, hired gun studio work and tons and tons of rock-, jazz-, blues- touring and house gig stuff.

After relocating back to Minneapolis I spent the 90's and early 00's immersed in the local scene.

Moved to northern MN about a decade ago and quit playing altogether. After a couple years, a buddy found out about my past, now I find myself in 4 bands and looking for recording opportunities - just like when I was in my 20s.

Anyhoo - just throwing out a warm hello to the forums.

Any other rural Minnesota bassists out there?

Peace,

Paul

2. Davejs

Davejs

Dec 21, 2011
    Well I just decided to learn how to play at age 51 so I'm a newbie. Where up north are you I'm near St. Cloud in the sticks.

Dave

3. 67precision

67precision

Jan 25, 2011
    Up North, MN
    Hi Dave,

I am near Outing. Equidistant between Brainerd and Grand Rapids...

Good luck - I used to teach a while back so if you're looking for info on technique or gear, PM me sometime, I would be happy to help if I can.

Paul

4. BassDoc51

BassDoc51

Dec 20, 2011
    Fairborn, OH
    You are way north of me. I'm in Mankato.