1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Hello from Western England

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by Markthebass, Feb 24, 2008.

1. Hello

Well, I'm a bass guitarist. I like to think I am, anyway...

I started playing the bass in late 2002 at the ripe old age of 45, having never played anything before in my life. I love it.

As I've always used fingers to play, that's all I can do - only very simple "picking". I can't read music, I can't play anything else, I probably couldn't tell you the key of most of the songs I play without having a think about it - I just know where my fingers go. At least, I can play by ear.

I'm in a successful band called Carnaby Street, which I manage, am fortunate to be in the company of some seasoned and talented musicians, and enjoy what I do and the reaction of our audiences.

BUT, I'm always open to (constructive) criticism, and I'm always ready to learn.

Good to be on here.

Mark

2. chipmonk

chipmonk

Mar 4, 2008
    hello im near seattle

i have a hamer bass and a few gutars but dont play as much as i did but soon will maybe

3. fenderhutz

fenderhutz Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2007
    Harpers Ferry WV
    You live near Cheltenham? My wifes family is from there. (She's still a British citizen)

Welcome. If it weren't so darn expensive over there I would be your neighbor.

4. Romanytony

Romanytony

Mar 4, 2008
    Your story is much like mine, except I'm a bit older than you. Started playing a couple of years ago due to the bass player leaving the band I was doing the sound for, got in by the back door so to speak. We're based in West Wales but have a few national gigs lined up this year. What kind of music do you do? Do you have a website?
    You can check ours out at www.myspace.com/thepotboilers
    Good Luck

5. Frag

Frag

Mar 4, 2008
    West Wales
    Frag here, a bass guitarist from West wales, born in East london, spent 12 years in the Paras, lived in Long Beach Ca for a year and St Pete FL for five years.

6. marcray

marcray

Nov 28, 2006
    Englishman in Oyster Bay, NY
    Aging Former Bass Player
    hey Mark, I'm Marc...

7. ducknturtle

ducknturtle

Dec 28, 2006
    New Jersey
    I love to hear stories like yours. Welcome to the brotherhood