1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Help Anyone ?

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by michelleclerc, Mar 22, 2006.

1. michelleclerc

michelleclerc

Mar 20, 2006
    Victoria, BC. Canada
    Endorsing Artist: Eden Electronics
    Hello Everyone ! I'm new here and I hope this forum will be as helpfull and fun as the other forum that I actively participate to (Eden Forum)
    I have a little problem that I would like to run by you guys & gals...
    about 5 years ago I bought in Vancouver BC. Canada a used Larrivee solid body 6 string fretless bass that had been bastardized into a 5 sting bass... I bought it anyway because it was quite exquisite and unlike any other Larrivee solid body that I had ever seen... It didn't have the Banana headstock of the eighties and the Fender style body that the others had but instead a body shape and headstock reminessant of the P.R.S. guitars... So I bought it with the intention of restoring back to it's 6 sting fretless glory... Well almost 5 years later and the bass has finally undergone the transformation with the addition of a Rod Evans custom made bridge pickup... But after all that time I still don't know much about that bass and Larrivee well let just say that from their point of view the whole eighties solid body making period has never happend (can you say stuck up denial ?) anyway I'm sure someone out here must know someting about this bass... Here's are some pics of it ...
    795511f9. DSC00295. DSC00291. DSC00294. Anyway I've talk long enough for now ... Cheers Everyone

2. britrit

britrit

Jan 22, 2006
    London
    you might get more of a response in the basses forum.

3. bubblysax

bubblysax -----cut here-----

Aug 2, 2006
    Suffolk UK
    Hi Michel

Like you, I own a L'Arrivee bass guitar (4 string fretted), and also think that these are brilliant, but can find no info about them.

So I have decided to launch a website dedicated to providing information about, and showcasing, L'Arrivee electric guitars (both bass and six strings).

A request to everyone out there, if you can provide any information about the L'Arrivee hard bodied guitars please could you email me at legab@f2s.com.

When launched, I will of course be providing a front page banner link to Talkbass.com (with your moderators permission of course).