1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Help choosing new amp!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bobdob20, Mar 21, 2006.

1. bobdob20

bobdob20

Mar 5, 2006
    I'm looking for a new amp to replace my small practice amp. I am looking for a combo instead of a cab and head and looking for 150 - 200 watt. I've seen the ashdown electric blue 15-180, but they have also got the 12-180. Is the bigger speaker better? I've only got about £250 to spend. Any suggestions would be great.:bassist:

2. dave_bass5

dave_bass5

May 28, 2004
    London, UK.
    I would say the 12 will be a bit clearer and have a tiny bit more punch. i havent tried it but i did gig for a year with the EB 150 C-115 and i loved the sound of it. its quite old school sounding but still punchy and it can go loud although just the combo on its own will only give you about 120watts or there abouts and thats at max on the master which is not a good idea.
    I would recomend either. its really down to what sound you want or what type of music you play.
    I play in a couple of cover bands playing all sorts, from rock and roll to the Killers and the MAG (same sound as the EB, just louder) was always up to the job.
    Hope this helps

3. bobdob20

bobdob20

Mar 5, 2006
    I play alot of metallica, slayer and some death/black metal.