1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Help... Eden or GK

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by odess, Apr 7, 2009.

1. odess

odess

Feb 15, 2008
    What does everyone think... is the extra cash for the Eden wt 405 worth it, or should I stick with the 700 rbII for the difference of what $400 to $500 cdn. ?

Thanks, Odess.

2. PSPookie

PSPookie

Aug 13, 2006
    Ocoee, TN
    That all depends upon whether or not it's worth it to you.

Keep in mind that the price difference is much less if you buy used.

3. BassMaster4s

BassMaster4s

Jul 28, 2008
    Wind Gap, PA
    I prefer GK's tone, and the extra money in my pocket. Just my $0.02

4. RTL

RTL House Chicken Enthusiast Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Leander, TX
    You're gonna get a lot of this, but...

Go with what sounds better to you. It really doesn't matter who says which is better - everyone will have their opinions. Play through both with YOUR instrument, and then form your opinion. A/B them blindfolded, if you can.

The worst thing you can do is follow popular opinion blindly. Sure, you'll be proud of your new _______ at first, but once the nameplate novelty wears off, you've still got to live with that decision. Or sell it at a loss.

We've all done it, myself included.

5. TheVoiceless

TheVoiceless

Jun 11, 2008
    New Jersey
    GK is my brand so I will endorse them. I have owned both. GK's are built well and have a good tone range.

6. ive heard good things about both- but having only owned eden- i can only vouch for their quality. as stated above- used is a great way to go. i cruise craigslist often- more when i was looking to sell my eden cab- but theyre so dirt cheap- especially right now that its almost not worth it. bad for sellers- good for you. if youre patient youll score big. good luck.

7. Kevindp

Kevindp

Mar 23, 2009
    Eden