help, Funk Machine mods?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Muzique Fann, Oct 6, 2004.

1. Muzique Fann

Muzique Fann Howzit brah

Dec 8, 2003
    Kauai, HI
    OK - so I just scored one of these bad boys by Seamoon. The kind with just the range knob, or is it drive? Anyway, it sounds amazing - super sensitive to attack! I'm thinking I want to put a boss style jack in there so I don't have to use a 9 volt and maybe add an led (although you definitely know when it's on). The bypass is pretty damn good for it's age, but maybe that could be improved also? I won't be selling it so I don't really care if it's not totally "vintage" anymore. Is this nuts - should I just leave it alone? Could anybody here pull this off? Should I talk to Analogman or Keeley? Honestly, I'm a bit leary of letting it out of the house, let alone mailing it to somebody. Typlons, I think you've done some mods around here?

2. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    Yes, and yes. Please just leave it alone! Is a piece of musical historical heritage that you've just bought :)

3. Muzique Fann

Muzique Fann Howzit brah

Dec 8, 2003
    Kauai, HI
    Cool. I thought that might be getting a little carried away. I think it was a good deal at $270? The switch was pretty dirty, but it's nice and clean now. This is my new pride and joy. :bassist:

4. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    It would be my pride and joy too - Nice pedal! :)