Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

help, Funk Machine mods?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Muzique Fann, Oct 6, 2004.

1. Muzique Fann

Muzique Fann Howzit brah

Dec 8, 2003
    Kauai, HI
    OK - so I just scored one of these bad boys by Seamoon. The kind with just the range knob, or is it drive? Anyway, it sounds amazing - super sensitive to attack! I'm thinking I want to put a boss style jack in there so I don't have to use a 9 volt and maybe add an led (although you definitely know when it's on). The bypass is pretty damn good for it's age, but maybe that could be improved also? I won't be selling it so I don't really care if it's not totally "vintage" anymore. Is this nuts - should I just leave it alone? Could anybody here pull this off? Should I talk to Analogman or Keeley? Honestly, I'm a bit leary of letting it out of the house, let alone mailing it to somebody. Typlons, I think you've done some mods around here?

2. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    Yes, and yes. Please just leave it alone! Is a piece of musical historical heritage that you've just bought :)

3. Muzique Fann

Muzique Fann Howzit brah

Dec 8, 2003
    Kauai, HI
    Cool. I thought that might be getting a little carried away. I think it was a good deal at $270? The switch was pretty dirty, but it's nice and clean now. This is my new pride and joy. :bassist:

4. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    It would be my pride and joy too - Nice pedal! :)