1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Help Identifying Bass Speaker!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by feelingalright, Jan 15, 2012.

1. feelingalright

feelingalright

Jan 15, 2012
    First post! I need some help identifying this bass speaker, I was told it was a mid 70's Ampeg Speaker...It's 10", the magnet measures 3.5" x 4.5", 1.5" depth. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks for looking!

Attached Files:

2. jakelly

jakelly Supporting Member

Nov 8, 2009
    Made by the CTS company, 26th week of 1974. I think CTS stands for Chicago Telephone Supply, not sure. They made lots of speakers and Ampeg used a lot of them during that era.

The "137" is the manufacturer's code for CTS. The "7426" means the 26th week of 1974.

Welcome to TB!

3. will33

will33

May 22, 2006
    austin,tx
    32 ohms indicates it may be from an early Ampeg 810 flatback cab. Got 7 more of them? The proper term for this would be "mojo".:smug:

4. feelingalright

feelingalright

Jan 15, 2012
    I got 3 more, and I know the guy who has the other 4...

5. coreyfyfe

coreyfyfe Supporting Member

Nov 19, 2007
    boston, ma
    Yup, looks like CTS 10 made for the ampeg 8x10 cab. Has the same part number as mine, assuming the top one is the part number:

[​IMG]

Should handle about 30-50 watts tops. Are you planning on rebuilding the 8x10 or using it for something else?

6. feelingalright

feelingalright

Jan 15, 2012
    I was actually thinking of selling, I'm looking to downsize a bit.