1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Help! I'm lost and I need a map!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by two fingers, Feb 19, 2016.

Tags:
  1. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    I have asked around my circle of influence and nobody seems to be able to point me in the right direction. (They're lost, oddly enough.)

I need a map of my half of the state. Eastern NC. Maybe Raleigh east. I need it in pdf format or something similar. I need to be able to print it in pretty large format (think average blueprint size....maybe even a tad larger).

A department in my company says they can print it if I bring them the file on a thumb drive. I would like it as detailed as possible and as recent as possible. I can pay for the file. I need a road map. No need for elevation and other features. Just roads. County lines wouldn't hurt my feeling but not a deal breaker.

They mentioned a few other formats they can convert from, but I glazed over during that part of our conversation. drool So, if you know of a place to get another format, hit me with it and I'll see if they can work with it. I suppose the graphics need to be pretty good if I am going to blow it up 3'X4' or something similar. They are able to crop as well, so if I get more region than I want that's no biggie either.

I deal with 80 buildings in this region from I-95 to the Outer Banks. Yes, I use technology to navigate between them. But every now and then it would be nice to stand there rubbing my chin or scratching my......head...... and look at the "big picture" when mapping out my day. I will probably do the little thumbtack flags for each location as they are constantly changing and we are adding new buildings.

So, where can one buy, steal, grab, snatch or otherwise download a big, detailed map file of a specific region?

I have yet to see a question that can't be answered here. So, I figured what the heck. Give it a shot!

Cuz you guys are smart.....and junk. :cool:

Ready..... GO!

Thanks

2. Mktrat

Mktrat Seriously, are we not doing phrasing anymore?

Apr 9, 2013
    The Mitten
  3. two fingers

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
  4. two fingers

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
  5. two fingers

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
  6. two fingers

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
  7. MD

MD

Nov 7, 2000
    Marin Co. CA.
    I bet if you got a state road map from a gas station and took it to a copy center like Staples or Kinkos, they could scan/enlarge/print the area of your choice. Of course, I don't know for a fact that they're set up for the format you require.

8. two fingers

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    Sorry. Not sure why that posted three times.

9. Mktrat

Mktrat Seriously, are we not doing phrasing anymore?

Apr 9, 2013
    The Mitten
    I figured it wasn't exactly what you were looking for......

But You're Welcome!
    But You're Welcome!
    But You're Welcome!

:roflmao::thumbsup::laugh:

StudioStuntz and two fingers like this.
  10. two fingers

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA