1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Help me choose J/MM Pups please

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by voodoo92, Mar 9, 2010.

1. To replace the awsome mighty mite :rolleyes: pups in my Cort GB35A, i need something more to my likeing. the J pup is single coil so no good cause i want a hum cancelling jazz pup and the MM is ok but i want something more suited for heavy metal/ hard core/ screamo stuff ( i dont like screamo but its what we play). I also need something fairly cheap, especially in Australia cause everything here is around twice the price of the states. :bawl:

I was wondering what everyone would choose for this and i dont wanna go buying anything then finding out i dont like it so i was also appreciate video/sound samples of metal style songs if possible. sorry to be a bother but im poor as cause i earn around 9 bucks an hour. Absolute ****. Cheeres TBers.

2. i would go with the SD basslines, ive heard they have a pretty aggressive sound

3. OldogNewTrick

OldogNewTrick

Dec 28, 2004
    Germany, EU
    you go with this MM and this J hum canceling pickup
    and you'll get ....

xp155_wal01_01.jpg

:D

4. That is one DAMN fine sex machine right there. Is that a build or name brand?

5. OldogNewTrick

OldogNewTrick

Dec 28, 2004
    Germany, EU

Clover Bass

:D

6. MY sentiments exaclty. Thats what I have in my GB94, and they are great pups. Definetly beats the mighty mites and they are not terribly expensive AFAIK.

7. just wondering if there is a single jazz pickup (stacked so can be used as single coil but without noise) that would fit my GB35 by Delano?

8. lol back yet again. Im gonna go with the Delano Sonar II Preamp when i get the money (ages away) but dont have the space to drill another whole, though i can make 1 bigger. So i was wondering if i could replace the treble and bass pots with a single stacked pot, so i would have 2 stacked pots and a normal balance? does anyine have any clue? cheers

9. Anyone???

10. anyone at all???

11. bertbassplayer

bertbassplayer Supporting Member

Jul 7, 2000
    Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX
    I have a Nordstrand J and MM in my 5 string Warwick FNA Jazzman, it's paired with an Audere preamp. It can get everything from mellow to pretty darn aggressive.

12. i dont know much about electronics, but could i take out 2 single pots and replace them with a sacked pot, or are stacked pots not suitable for this?

13. Delano make amazing pickups...they're definitely not cheap but totally worth the cost. I just picked up 2 sets: JMVC 4 FE/M2 (j/j) and MC4 AL (mm). Those giant pole pieces just look damn sexy! Your setup would run you around $250US plus shipping to Australia, but if you can save up the $$$, get the Delanos. You will not be disappointed.
    l_bee4d47b70ae45038ba4e1c5281f7b00.png

Delano's Sonar preamp is awesome too. I currently have a Sonar 3 in my Drop C tuned Spector w/ passive EMG soapbars. Super aggressive growl w/ grunty lows, punchy mids and crispy, clear highs. I like it better then the Aguilar OBP-3. I'm sure you'll love it too.

You can replace the single pots with stacked pots. Delano recommends 50k for the EQ pots.

14. Cheers man thats a big help. Any chance of any previews at all??? :) and itll be a while till i get the money cause need to get my car on the road first, but wil deffinatly go with Delanos!

15. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Nov 30, 2020