1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Help me out!

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by GeezerFleaWoote, Jun 24, 2007.

1. GeezerFleaWoote

GeezerFleaWoote

Dec 31, 2006
    Hey, I just recorded a jam sort of thing with a drummer i know... tell me what you think about it. Constructive critisism is welcome! :smug:

we uploaded it to myspace so we could get it on the internet... here's the link. http://www.myspace.com/tomandkevin

2. I really liked it. Definetly kept my interest the whole time. Nice groove, nice chops, and nice tone:bassist:

3. GeezerFleaWoote

GeezerFleaWoote

Dec 31, 2006
    thanks man!

4. GeezerFleaWoote

GeezerFleaWoote

Dec 31, 2006
    anyone else?

5. KidFunky

KidFunky

Jul 15, 2005
    Sure:)

You clearly arein posession of some pretty decent chops, much more so than me for example :).

However, and please don't take this the wrong way... you seem to want to cram in too much of it in 1 jam. Why not play less different riffs and licks, emphasise the one more (for extra funkiness) and try to get more out of the musical ideas you are developing? You discard ideas before they have room to breathe, which creates too much tension for me. Like Isaid, good chops, good ideas, but too many of them and not enough in service of the funk. (just my opinion but that is the feedback I ahve to offer :))

6. GeezerFleaWoote

GeezerFleaWoote

Dec 31, 2006
    thanks. yea, it was pretty much just for the show-off aspect of things to put on a cd of some sort. otherwise, i dont usually play that way.

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 28, 2021