1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

help me select a new cab

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ABH_bassist, Jan 1, 2007.

1. ABH_bassist

ABH_bassist

Feb 24, 2005
    jax beach fl.
    ok si i play an svt cl through an avatar neo 4x10. the avatar does ok, but i need more. its lacking in the bass area, and just doesnt move much sound.
    i am pretty much set on the ampeg 8x10, because ive heard them together hundreds of times and have never thought bad about it.

what other brands should i consider?
    i like my tone nice and dirty. i keep the master cranked for that power tube goodness, if that helps at all.

2. yamaha

yamaha

Apr 7, 2006
    Montreal
    Personnal tone preference is different from person to person, so I wouldn't recommend a specific cab. I use SWR's, Schroeder, and JBL. Looking into Brgantionos and Aguilars.

However, size and transportability does matter. Especially if you're planning on giging a lot. On a regular gig, I use 2 basses, a rack with 2 heads, a 410, a 118, and a monitor for my drummer, and it gets to be a bit much, especially at the end of the gig.

I coulden't immagine carrying a 810 to gigs.

If I were you, I would probably add a 115 neo.

Best of luck