1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

HELP ME VALUE THIS BASS !!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by sirmike75, Dec 22, 2011.

1. sirmike75

sirmike75

Jul 16, 2009
    Arlington,Texas
    I recently picked this up on trade ....i have no idea what its worth ??

i can tell you that the bass has a feel to it thats very nice like a sadowsky ,,,better than a fender ...the neck has a fbass kinda feel ... i dont know what the neck is tho...
    the body is a dinky warmoth ...sadowsky pickups / sadowsky preamp ...its got a nice top on the body ...this thing sounds amazing ...anyway any help would be awsome thanks tb's
    these are cell pics so im sorry if they suk i will post better ones later
    photo-1.
    BASS1.
    BASS2.

2. Avalon

Avalon

Feb 28, 2009
    Per the forum rules, you have to be a paying member of TB before you can make a valuation thread. I'm not a paying member, so I can't do it either. Nice looking bass though.

3. sirmike75

sirmike75

Jul 16, 2009
    Arlington,Texas
    i am a supporting member ??

4. Rumblefisher

Rumblefisher Supporting Member

Aug 22, 2007
    Astoria, NY

That's a bold claim sir!

Are we to believe you simply because there's a banner in the upper right-hand corner of your posts claiming that you are a supporting member?! HMMMM?!?!?

Yes, probably. :bag:

I'll say $900 for the bass is an optomistic estimate of what you can expect to get. $700 is more realistic.

5. sirmike75

sirmike75

Jul 16, 2009
    Arlington,Texas
    nice
    i think i might put her up for trade .... i like it alot ...i mean alot we will see

6. Avalon

Avalon

Feb 28, 2009
    Wow, sorry. The banner didn't show up on my screen the first time - and I looked for it. Of course, I've been somewhat distracted lately. Rock on please. :p

7. Rumblefisher

Rumblefisher Supporting Member

Aug 22, 2007
    Astoria, NY
    No problem. :)

Glad that the OP got some utility out of creating the thread.

8. sirmike75

sirmike75

Jul 16, 2009
    Arlington,Texas
    Noone else

9. charlie monroe

charlie monroe Gold Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2011
    Buffalo, NY
    Not for nothing, but the banner is on the upper left corner of my screen. :ninja:

OP, I think $700 and up is fair. Nice axe.

10. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Unfortunately, no matter how it sounds or plays, it's a parts bass with an unknown neck. What it's "worth" in terms of looks, tone, playability etc. won't be the same as what the market will give you.

11. drewfunk

drewfunk

May 10, 2010
    Olympia, Wa
    Have you pulled off the neck and looked at the heel for a manufacturer? Could be a Mighty Mite.

12. I'm with bongomania, the lack of any brand makes it's market value somewhat up in the air. I've seen quite a few nice basses that were made using necks, bodies and hardware from various companies, and their value was less than the eqivalent bass with a brand name, or luthier's signature instrument of the same quality.

13. sirmike75

sirmike75

Jul 16, 2009
    Arlington,Texas
    I have not taken it off ... Sounds like a plan ... I only wish my USA jazz played this nice .. It reminds me the neck of a fbass I had with a maple neck... Feels very similar