Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

HELP ME WITH MY Ampeg B3

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Fujibot, Feb 9, 2005.

1. Fujibot

Fujibot

Feb 9, 2005
    have recently gotten my hands on a ampeg amp, i am unaware of the year, but it is a B3 and it has some neat features,

100/115VAC 50/60Hz~TSA SLO-BLO
    230VAC, 50/60Hz~T2.5A SLO-BLO

....? i have no idea what it's telling me here lol sopmeone help me, anyways there is a medal plate on the back that gives model number serial number line and watts

Model: B-3158
    Serial:.....
    Line: 120 V~xx
    Watts: 500

does anyone have an estimate on what i shold have paid for it lol so i know if i got a deal..... please e-mail me or post a response....fujifoot@nycap.rr.com

2. The first data says you need a 5 amp slo-blo fuse for 110 volts and 2.5 amp slo-blo if it's run on 220 volts. (that should be T5A, not TSA as you wrote).

The second data says it was configured to run on 110 volts line voltage and it draws 500 watts of power from the wall receptacle.

3. Fujibot

Fujibot

Feb 9, 2005
    thank you for clearing that part up, but does anyone have anestimate? or atleast some feedback on quality?

4. Jerrold Tiers

Jerrold Tiers

Nov 14, 2003
    St Louis
    Don't know on estimate.

But it should be a large combo type amp. That one (B3158) is a biamped unit with 100W into a 15 and 50W into an 8.

Not bad, probably underpowered for its size.....but the biamping can make up for that a bit.

Do you have the whole thing? I sort of got the impression you might not have all of it.

5. jellybass

jellybass Guest

Nov 8, 2004
    I have one, paid used about 350-400 I believe. I have since changed the speakers, great amp although I may switch to the ba-210 soon.

6. Fujibot

Fujibot

Feb 9, 2005
    cool, yes i do have it all, it is a free standing unit with the speakers and head built in, it's got wheels and **** lol, thank you fror the posting, how much would a new amp with this power sell now? like not used, or maybe even it when it was new lol i'm trying to sell it and i want to know what i can get for it...

7. jellybass

jellybass Guest

Nov 8, 2004
    I would say what I paid for it if it is in slightly use condtion with a few blems. If it looks pristine maybe 500 at most.

8. Fujibot

Fujibot

Feb 9, 2005
    thank you for tyhe input :bassist: if any one else has anything to say please :help: