Help me with my senior project! (organizing a show)

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by KrazzyJoe, Oct 9, 2004.

1. KrazzyJoe

Jul 31, 2003
    Alright, so i've got a senior project due this year. The project I planned on doing was helping organize the local bluegrass festival here, so that was all well and good. I'm not a bluegrass fan, though, and i'd rather do something I like. So my band came up with the idea to do a show at the skate park during a local competition. This never went any further than an idea, but we never put it aside as a stupid idea. Now, i'm thinking a similair idea as my senior project-a local daytime festival sort of thing at the skate park with the local bands. The competition seems iffy, i'm going to try and look into when other competitions are and try to get something going there or look into puting one on myself. If that doesn't work out people can just skate as we all play. All of the proceeds will probably go to the local band program at the high school.

So, give me basics-i've got some ideas as to what to do, but nothing bigger than that...i've got specific questions but I can't think of any now. So, maybe you should start asking the questions for now.
  2. step one find out who owns and runs the skate parks. ask them if u can do it there.just let kids skate while ur there. dont have a contest.

step 2 find out if u can have a show in that area. go to the town hall.

step 3 find soem bands and work out the date of the show with the town the bands and the owner of the park.

step 4 make alot of fliars
  3. Joe P

Joe P

Jul 15, 2004
    Milwaukee, WI
    Being a school project, they're going to want to see PAPERWORK, so make simple contracts to 'hand in' with your project, and like records of everything you do: "Monday the first - made appointment for Wednesday with Mr. So-and-so, the director of the park; Tues the second - spoke with park maintenance about power requirements for the stage; Wed the third - had meeting with director, and discussed such-and-such; Thursday the fourth - signed contract for PA system rental (even if you're using a friend's PA, 'rent it' from'em for the sake of your grade! If it's your PA, then have the band rent it from YOU. If you don't have one, get a local music store or band to help you with a cheap rental - $1 is OK)... It's probably best if each of these is on a different sheet of paper (but remember: call them 'documentation'). Document EVERYTHING for an 'A'-grade!

See what I mean?