Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by venezuelanbass, May 25, 2004.

1. :crying: is it just me?? (not to be nationalist or anything) but is music in the US quantity over quality?!. My name is Diego, im native from Venezuela, and lived all my teens in Puerto Rico. Heres the thing. i live in Miami now, and i cant seem to find musicians that can keep up. me and my guitarrist are looking to make a Dream Theater tribute band this summer, and when the summer is over, transform it to an original progressive metal project. weve tried tonnnnnsss of people and they all SUUUUUCK! and when i lived in Puerto Rico, in THAT TINY ISLAND,i knew like 5 drummers that can play dream theater with their eyes closed, guitarrists i know one that can make Vai run for his money, and bass players, dont even get me started on that. And now here in this HUGE country i havent seen one avarage person thats not famous like steve vai, marcus miller, portnoy etc and the music teachers at FIU and Berklee (went to summer program there) that can kick ass on their instrument!.

well now my question, is there any like classified ad web site for drummers and musicians?? GOOD one

Thx to those that reply
  2. Good luck, I've been trying also.
  3. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    You're in America now, buddy. Better get used to punk rock. :rollno:
  4. fastplant

Sep 26, 2002
    there are some amazing musicians in the northeast. I've seen the best players up this way in MA and CT
  5. LarryO

Apr 4, 2004
    There are actually More good musicians in America than Venezuela or Puerto Rico, there are just 100 times more people that suck, so finding a good musician is more difficult. You just have to keep auditioning people and don't settle for less than what your band needs. You will eventually find someone with the talent you need
  6. my thoughts exactly, quantity over quality