1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Help needed!

Discussion in 'Live Sound [BG]' started by BlizzardBass, Mar 19, 2009.

1. Just got my BBE 362 Sonic Maximizer and hooked everything up the way I was told from another thread and it's not working. I have no idea what to do. I have a Gallien Krueger BackLine 600 I'm running it through and I'm running it through the effects loop, but all I get is farting noises. It has A & B inputs and out puts, how do I hook this up? :help::help::help:

2. If you're using the effects loop, you'll go out of your effects send, into Input A, then out of Output A into Effects Return.

It's possible that the Sonic Maxmizer doesn't have enough headroom for your effects loop. The level LEDs should show you if you're distorting the SM. That's what happened with mine. One way to solve the problem is to use some sort of an attenuater to bring the level from the effects send down to where it should be. I used a direct box and an XLR-1/4" cable to make that work.

3. justintechy

justintechy

Mar 13, 2009
  4. Effects LOOP, Justin.

Also, I didn't realize that the boost knob controls the preamp level. You can use that to bring down the effects loop send level, which should help if it is your SM that's clipping.

5. RustyAxe

RustyAxe

Jul 8, 2008
    Connecticut
    I don't get it ... these are the most hokey bit of snake oil I've ever used. Sell it, and cut your (tonal) losses ... :rolleyes:

6. I'm just going to send it back. I didn't think it through enough I guess. Thank for the help though folks.

7. ironhorse

ironhorse

Oct 22, 2008
    Ft. Gibson, OK
    The hook up is like Bassman said. I run mine through my
    1001RB-II and it works great. Punchy lows sweet tight highs. Great piece for $70.