Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

help on cabinet to pair with iamp350

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by b-flat, Apr 10, 2004.

1. b-flat

b-flat

Dec 5, 2002
    Lisbon, Portugal
    hi...

what have you heard/experienced from the eden cabinet CXC110?

i was also curious about the Ashdown ABM Mini-10T... has anyone tried?

EA cabs are a bit out of range because i need to import them and it gets to expensive :(

cheers

mad

2. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    I have numerous EA cabs, as well as an Ashdown Mini 10T. I have played through an Eden Time Traveler 10 Combo, which I believe uses a driver similar to that in the CXC-110. Of these, anything by EA is my sonic choice, but I understand your situation. As I recall, the Eden had a little more low end response than the Mini 10T, but the Ashdown is more articulate in the midrange. I would not want to push either of these cabs very loud, but at lower volumes, either would probably be adequte. If you want more depth of tone, go Eden. If clarity and punch are more important, try the Mini 10T. The Mini 10T, combined with a Mini 15, would probably be pretty nice.

What other brands are available to you? Can you get Epifani at a reasonable price? My Epi T-110UL just slays either the Mini 10T or the CXC-110, but then again, it does cost a bit more.

Tom.

3. b-flat

b-flat

Dec 5, 2002
    Lisbon, Portugal
    the epifani is also a choice but here in europe is also rather expensive for my budget :(

how do you think of Genz Benz live 10T?

it is in the eden's price range

mad