Help tune down

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by punchybass, Jul 18, 2004.

1. I have a 4 string bass and I would like to know how to tune down my bass to Eb...etc. I have an electronic tuner, but I don't know how to do it. Can someone help me please!!

Thank yo!
  2. muthagoose

Jan 18, 2004
    Eb is one semitone lower than your standard E. If you want to tune to Eb push down on the first fret and tune it to an E. There you go!
  3. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

you know when you want to make sure the E is good with the A, you will play the 5th fret on the E string(A), and match it with the open A string. instead of the 5th fret, use the 6th fret on the E string, and you can get it to be Eb on the E string while the A string is still A. then if you want, you can use the 5th fret again to get all the other strings down one semi tone also.
    in easier words: just tune the 6th fret of the E string to the open A string.
  4. Thank you so much for your help!!!! It's so logical I can't belive I didn't think of it. I was away so I'm sorry for the delay!!

Thanks again guys!!!!! I REALLY appreciate it!
  5. If you planning on using a lot of nonstandard tunings, a chromatic tuner is a real time saver. I think a Korg CA-20 is about $20 U.S., so it's not like it would drain your wallet.