Help with a decision

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by josiahwiebe, Jul 7, 2008.

1. josiahwiebe

josiahwiebe

Jul 7, 2008
  2. LKdubby

LKdubby

Nov 2, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Pay close attention to the string spacing on the Schecter before laying down cash for it. I thought my Studio 5 would be the best bass for me to learn on, and within a few months of owning it I found that I do like a little bit of pop/slap and that my 5'er is too tight for my preference all around..

Maybe the Studio 4 has better string spacing, I don't know.. But looking at the pics of it I'm guessing it's a little tight as well..

just my .02

3. fourstringbliss

fourstringbliss Supporting Member

Oct 5, 2003
    Puyallup, WA
    Personally, I'd rather have the Cort. I've never been a fan of glossy finished necks, which is one thing that turns me off about Schecters. Plus, the Cort has the 3-band Bartolini MK-1 preamp and pickups. The preamp isn't that great but I like the pickups fine. The Schecter only has a 2-band pre.

4. spaz21387

spaz21387

Feb 25, 2008
    Portland oregon
    This last weekend I picked up the schecter stilletto at guitar center and maybe the battery was dead And it was set up poorly by gc. But It sounded terrable and the low b string felt floppy. Even though I have no experience with the cort I would recomend that one

5. josiahwiebe

josiahwiebe

Jul 7, 2008
    alright, thanks a bunch for all of your input.

question: i dont quite understand the difference between active and passive. can somebody explain it to me?

6. Hansel

Hansel

Jan 20, 2008
    Kitchener, Ontario
    Active basses use "active' electronically powered pickups from a 9v in the back) that auto pre-amp your sound cutting out hum and other crap.

Passives just use magnetics

7. josiahwiebe

josiahwiebe

Jul 7, 2008
    ok, so would a fender deluxe active bass be a good option as well?
    and does anybody know if the fender 24 v is a mexican?

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 28, 2021