1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Help with crackling sound (mooer tender octaver)

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Christian Soto, Oct 5, 2016.

1. Christian Soto

Christian Soto

Sep 24, 2016
    Hi I need help with my mooer tender octaver. I've had it a few months and it's been great, but now it makes this crackling/ ticking noise when I use it. I use a 1spot to power all of my pedals so I took them off and just left the octaver and it still makes the noise. Does anyone know what it might be?

2. Pacodelivery

Pacodelivery Supporting Member

May 25, 2014
    Baltimore
    Try a different power supply and different cables, also with just it in line. Sounds like a grounding issue but it could be the fault of the pedal or the pedal exposing a fault somewhere else in line.

3. jbybj

jbybj Supporting Member

Jun 11, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Zap the PRAM, rebuild the desktop, and trash the preferences.

Oh, wait, this isn't 1994, and it's not a Mac.

Maybe take a look inside, see if any metal (jacks for instance) is making contact with any other metal, causing grounding issues.

Perhaps the jacks have grown a little corrosion. Try exercising the jacks.

Have you purchased a new phone recently? Installed a new wireless network, or become subjected to any new EM interference lately?
    ( this can be tested by bringing the pedal somewhere else to see if symptoms persist).

If this pedal has a chip pressed into a socket, try reseating the chip.

Exercising the engage switch may offer some relief.

Under warranty? Get it replaced.

Best of luck sussing this out.

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 17, 2021