1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Help with first time installation

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by calebplaysbass, Sep 6, 2008.

1. Today I received my Audere JZB-3B Preamp and DiMarzio Ultra Jazz pickups in the mail. I brought them back to my room and decided that installing them myself didn't look all that hard. My only question comes from the fact that nothing that came with the dimarzios specifies which wires are hot and which are common. If anyone has installed these pickups in this preamp, please give me some advice and tell me how you wired it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

2. praisegig

praisegig Supporting Member

Jul 7, 2008
    Stephenville, TX
    From the Dimarzio PDF for Ultra Jazz installation
    Solder the red wire of each pickup to leg #2 of its respective volume pot. Solder the green wire of each pickup to the back of its respective volume pot. Solder the black and white wire of each pickup together. Put a piece of tape on this connection so that it does not touch any other part of the circuit. The wiring is now complete.

It appears the red leads are the Hot, Green leads are ground, and Black and White are use for switching, if wanted.

Hope that helps.