1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Help with identifying bass guitar

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by KISSbestfan, Jan 24, 2013.

1. Hello again !

A friend of mine has found his old bass guitar, and we together started to wonder about it.

Clearly, this is a luthier hand made guitar from Poland. The neck is from Defil guitar, machine heads are from Polish manufactury PRESTO, and pickups are made by Polish factory Muza. So that, there is no doubt about any brand.

BUT I cannot tell much about the influence. Havent ever seen similiar bass guitar. Also I'm not sure about the used wood.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/546/mimg5582a.jpg/

Yes, its fretless, tough the frets are just sawn (they exist, but their height is equal to the fretboard)

Any help would be great !

PS. He is not the first owner. Got it around 1987 or 1990, but it was used back then.

2. lowphatbass

lowphatbass **** Supporting Member

Feb 25, 2005
    west coast
    As far as influences it looks similar to some basses built by Kawai, SD Curlee and even some older Aria Pro II basses. Frankly there are quite a few basses that have that similar "look" to them, many were influenced directly or indirectly by Alembic.

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 1, 2021