Help with Internet Explorer

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by reasonbass, Jan 27, 2004.

1. My IE browser is going nuts on me. When ever I connect to the internet, and I press the IE icon. It gives me a message"internet explorer has encoutered a problem and needs to close". And I don't know how to fix it.

Can I just deleted the current IE and re-install it? Has anybody had this happened to them? I'm using a Dell Dimension 4500. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

2. Did you visit some sites with horny pictures ( XXX stuff ) ? They sometimes install plugins in your browser, without you knowing it. If one of those plugins is fork'ed, your internet explorer might go weird.
  3. bass_is_for_me

Jan 1, 2003
    Simply Put...

Screw Internet Explorer! I have always had problems so I use mozilla or mozilla firebird. They are free,more stable, and faster. I suggest mozilla firebird.
    or if you want Mozilla then Mozilla
    Whatever you do check this out

Good Luck
  4. Marley's Ghost

Marley's Ghost Gold Supporting Member

Feb 9, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    They don't call it "Internet Exploder" for nothin. :spit:

Did you install any program(s) right before this started? Try uninstalling to see if it resolves the problem.
  5. i Had no problems before, but then my brother used it. Can anyone tell me how to uninstall it. I think I know, but I want to make sure if I'm not screwing it up any further.
  6. Marley's Ghost

Marley's Ghost Gold Supporting Member

Feb 9, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    which OS are you running? XP, 98 ?
  7. Schwinn

Dec 4, 2002
    Sarasota, FL
    I love your signature reasonbass - you wanker :D

Do you have a disc for explorer that you got with the computer? If so, just delete from your programs and reload from the disc. I think I did this years ago and it worked fine.
  8. Schwinn

Dec 4, 2002
    Sarasota, FL
    I'd also run your virus software and adaware to be safe.
  9. I'm using XP. For now I dowloaded the Mozilla Firebird. I think I'll probably stick with it. But still I would like to fix the IE.

Thanks, but I still need more practice before I reach that level of wanking:D

Thanks for all the help guys.