1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Help with pre-made drum beats in cubase

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by Timbo, Mar 20, 2006.

1. Timbo

Timbo

Jun 14, 2004
    Anyone know how I could put pre-made drum beats into cubase? Any freeware or anything? It'd really be really helpful considering i'm terrible at making decent ones myself. :(

2. phxlbrmpf

phxlbrmpf

Dec 27, 2002
    Germany
    This is basically theft, but it works. There are tons of free midi files on the net, type the name of a song you like into Google and see if there are any midis. Then you can load the midi into Cubase and steal the drum part.

You could also convert Power Tab/Guitar Pro songs to .mid and steal their drum parts.

No, I haven't done it before. I usually don't have a lot of trouble programming drum parts. :p

3. nemo

nemo

Mar 19, 2004
    Czech
  4. emils

emils

Jul 28, 2005
    Croatia
    I'm asuming you would like to import some pre-recorded loops in .WAV format. I'll also assume that you have a legit copy of Cubase and you don't understand the manual (it's all nicely explained in the manual). All you have to do is go to File>Import>Audio File. Make sure that your tempo matches the tempo of the loop. Once the loop is on your Audio Track you can copy it as many times as you want, you can also import as many loops as you'd like onto that same audio track for some variety. Play with it for a while and you'll figure it out, it is quite simple......