1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Help with the B2RE

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Quest, May 7, 2006.

1. Quest

Quest

Mar 22, 2004
    Hey everyone,

I just purchased a brand new Ampeg B2RE to go with my Ampeg BSE-410H cab. I mostly play punk, pop-punk, and some emo/screamo/hardcore music with a Fender Standard Precision Bass.

What I need is your help in posting some settings that you have on your own B2RE if you were to play those kinds of music. I'd especially appreciate help on the graphic EQ'ing.

Thanks in advance.

2. Gearhead17

Gearhead17 Supporting Member

May 4, 2006
    Roselle, IL
    The easiest way to learn how to get your favorite sounds is to put every knob and slider on the B2RE completely flat. Then mess with your bass knobs to figure out what each knob really does sound/tone wise. Set the controls on your bass neutral once you understand how they work and slowly turn one knob or slider on the amp at a time and listen to how the knob affects your sound. Also, put your Master Volume at about half, when testing the buttons out. By doing this, you will learn exactly what each knob does tone wise and you can start to emulate just about any bass player's tone with your tone knobs.