1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

help..

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by blueskies14, Nov 5, 2018.

1. blueskies14

blueskies14

Nov 4, 2018
    I’m a self-taught bassist who’s been playing for about nine months and I am trying to learn how to slap. I can do it but I can’t play songs with slap because i can’t do it without looking for even a second. I need help getting better, any tips?

2. Mushroo

Mushroo Supporting Member

Apr 2, 2007
    Massachusetts, USA
    This video helped me a lot when I was learning slap bass. Good luck! :)

blueskies14 likes this.
  3. Gorn

Gorn

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    Not awful slap playing takes time to learn. It’s so easy to do badly so it’s that much harder to learn to do well, in my experience. I don’t have any specific advice besides to take your time and don’t expect results overnight.

Groove Doctor and blueskies14 like this.
  4. bholder

bholder Affable Sociopath Supporting Member

Sep 2, 2001
    central NY state
    Received a gift from Sire* (see sig)
    I find it hard to do even badly. Have never stuck with it long enough to get good to actually use.

Gorn and blueskies14 like this.
  5. BassChuck

BassChuck Supporting Member

Nov 15, 2005
    Cincinnati
    The sooner you get your eyes off the neck the better all your playing will be. Consistent posture and hand position. The notes are right where you left them yesterday, the only thing that could have changed is where your hands and fingers are today.

blueskies14 and bholder like this.