1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Here’s A Dumb Question For You (Enharmonics)

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by Bryan R. Tyler, Aug 19, 2018.

1. 40Hz

40Hz Supporting Member

So is any other visual pattern with sufficient exposure and experience on the oart of the observer. Human brains are wired for pattern recognition. It’s what we do.

2. BassUrges

BassUrges

Mar 14, 2016
    Denver
    But in a one-semitone-per-line system, each voicing will have multiple patterns, requiring a much greater amount of memorization.

Fredrik E. Nilsen likes this.
  3. 40Hz

40Hz Supporting Member

Try writing them out on a six line chromatic staff and see if they look that confusing. I don't think you’ll find they do very much.

At least I don’t think they do.

But no cause for concern. We won’t be going over to six line staffs or chromatic notation anyway.

4. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    The downside of trusting iOS dictation. A set of numerals.