Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

here r a couple songs ive played

Discussion in 'Music [DB]' started by apfroggy0408, Aug 15, 2004.

1. apfroggy0408

apfroggy0408

Jan 21, 2004
    texas
    ive played these song either with my school orchestra city orchestra solo or ensemble. tell me wat songs u like from the selection

A Mighty Fortres -Luther

1.Perpetual Motion -F. Wohlf Ahrt

3.Finale ^ last motion to aboove^

When You Wish Upon A Star from Walt Disneys "Pinocchio" -Leigh Harline

Rock Around The Clock -Max C. Freedman and Jimmy DeKnight

Concerto Grosso Opus 6, No.2 IV. Finale

La Negra -S. Vargas - R. Fuentes

Can You Feel The Love Tonight -Elton John

i have a bunch more but i cant find my music folder with all the music so ill post when i find em prolly tomorow :D :help:

2. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY

Can I buy a vowel?

3. apfroggy0408

apfroggy0408

Jan 21, 2004
    texas
    man u guys here r so frikin evil :mad:

4. anonymous0726

anonymous0726 Guest

Nov 4, 2001
    I'd go back and edit your post before one of the moderators catches scent of your foul tongue.

To disagree, the gang here is pretty solidly good. The Double Bass side of TB has a little higher standards, though, so to run with this pack it would be a good idea to get in step.

5. Marcus Johnson

Marcus Johnson

Nov 28, 2001
    Maui
    Is it still considered obscene if it's misspelled?

Always liked the melody from "When You Wish Upon A Star". I used to play a nicely warped version in a trio, reharmonized by the pianist Gene Argel.

6. apfroggy0408

apfroggy0408

Jan 21, 2004
    texas
    How would I get in step? Do I have to type correctly, to be good enough for all of you? I play double bass and I think that's a good enough of a reason to ride with the rest of you. TB is a really cool site and I just wanted to talk with the fellow bass players, but apparently i can't because I don't type correctly. What's up with that? Can someone answer me that?

7. anonymous0726

anonymous0726 Guest

Nov 4, 2001
    I think put it pretty clearly above, but the main reason as far as TB'ers go is to show people the good manners to present yourself clearly so that we're spending energy on our comradery and common concerns rather than deciphering indecipherable babble.

Further, would you rather that people perceive you as intelligent, literate and mature or as a backwards baseball capped, apathetic, mannerless 'Beavis and Butthead' punk? Not to be 'attacky', but that's how your writing represents you, at least as far as I'm concerned.

8. apfroggy0408

apfroggy0408

Jan 21, 2004
    texas
    Oh, I see. Well I'll start typing rightly so I can fit in i guess

9. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    Thank you. Welcome to TB! :)

10. anonymous0726

anonymous0726 Guest

Nov 4, 2001
    Good deal!

:)

So -- what kinda fiddle have ye?

11. apfroggy0408

apfroggy0408

Jan 21, 2004
    texas
    Haha Ok then, I'll do that, and thanks for letting me in. :bassist:

12. apfroggy0408

apfroggy0408

Jan 21, 2004
    texas
    And by fiddle I'm guessing you mean bass.Well if I'm correct about that,I have to tell you I don't have my own "fiddle". I use the school bass it's really not that bad.It's actually the best 1 they have, and I got it because I'm that good haha. Well I won't even get my own bass til I'm out of high school. My parents said they will get me one when I'm out fo high school, if I'm still playing. (Which I most likey will be because I love playing bass) I would like to get my own bass so i don't have to haul my bass everywhere (To my house from school then to school from my house) And if I might say that pisses me off. :hyper:

13. Marcus Johnson

Marcus Johnson

Nov 28, 2001
    Maui
    Nothin' personal in my case, I just tend to blurrrr out on messages like the first one. Just laziness on my part, I knew what you were saying, but my old son-of-an English-teacher's brain doesn't tend to process that stuff very well.

14. Marcus Johnson

Marcus Johnson

Nov 28, 2001
    Maui
    If you love double bass, you'll have to learn to love hauling it around at some point. I haven't learned to love that part of the deal yet, after three friggin' decades of it. And I don't even have to deal with the whole train/taxi thing that our east coast brethren cope with every day. I just tell myself that the hauling will soon be over with, and the flailing will ensue shortly. It's worth the grief, every time.

15. Marcus Johnson

Marcus Johnson

Nov 28, 2001
    Maui
    Hey...if it's good enough for the White House, it's good enough for TB. :eyebrow:

16. apfroggy0408

apfroggy0408

Jan 21, 2004
    texas
    I actually just found my music folder, and I was typin all my music , I was half ways there then i accidently pushed bak some how on my keyboard. So it's all gone noooooooooo. So i decided to put the funnest hardest piece ive ever played theres two of them

1. Bacchanale from " Samson and Delilah" - Camille Saint- Saens

2.Symphony No. 47 in G Major IV. Finale - Franz Joseph Haydn

17. apfroggy0408

apfroggy0408

Jan 21, 2004
    texas

Was that sarcasticly? Or what? :confused:

18. Marcus Johnson

Marcus Johnson

Nov 28, 2001
    Maui
    It's great that your school system is giving you challenging music to play on a regular basis. That's lamentably rare these days.

It's also good to have confidence in your ability. But every time I start feeling good about my playing, I hear something that slaps me in the a$$ and reminds me of how far I have to go. I hope I never lose my objectivity when it comes to my own playing.

19. apfroggy0408

apfroggy0408

Jan 21, 2004
    texas
    Yeah it is good that they are giving us hard music for that set of music we played for our Classical Concert we got straight 1+ it was awesome. Our teacher gives us hard music mostly because our school is hmmm errr can't think of the word we're expected ya that's it we're expected to play hard songs and be better then every 1 else.So we get this music for that music and we play it outstanding like :D