Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

hey check out this bassist

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Esteban Lobos D, Dec 25, 2005.

1. http://marcelocordova.blogspot.com/

Hello, this is a chilean bassist that is living in france now,
    he is putting his music (extracts and complete songs) on his blog, this is from the cd he is going to release next year
    there are really great songs, check out the one called toulouse, there's some flamenco happening there.
    the great thing about the record is that there's lots of different music going on.
    i'm sure you people are going to like this
    ELD.

EDIT: and don't forget to leave comments in the blog!

2. hey what's up?
    i thought there were going to be at least some people interested in this stuff. i know there is people that is interested in fusion, and this is very well played...
    give your opinions

edit: ah! or is it that the blog is written in spanish???

3. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile

that and the fact it's Christmas day. Lots of folks are out with family and such.

4. ah you're right, i was also out
    well let's give it some time
    merry christmas to you

5. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile

too you as well.

I got a moment to listen to a few this morning... nice stuff. I dug "Toulouse" most of the couple I sampled... nice tune, great playing

6. doormatt

doormatt

Apr 8, 2005
    Wow, that guys great. Restucciana has a great bassline. I really dig this kinda music.

7. jjtsucka

jjtsucka

Aug 31, 2004
    agreed good stuff :bassist:

8. well my opinion is
    i really like the rythmic aspect that he has developed, you can hear some of that in the song chordova where he gets great dynamics with the drummer.

ah and another important aspect about the recording demos on the site, is that they're not completely finished, the mastering process is not done.

(by the way i'm doing some free promotion for him, kind of an english language representant :bag: , we happened to have the same bass teacher(the great rené moris who i take a moment to pay my tributes here), and now we have some friendly talk through msn, and that's it.)

well jjtsucka, doormatt and james, thanks for your input
    and don't forget to leave comments(positive or negative) in the blog or even questions.

ELD.

9. sethlow3

sethlow3 Supporting Member

Jun 19, 2003
    Nashville, Tennessee
  10. BillytheBassist

BillytheBassist

Aug 18, 2005
    Texas
    Tastey clip... excellent tone.

11. Larzon

Larzon

Jan 15, 2005
    Well...do you think he likes John Patitucci? ;)

12. Dom di Piazza Jr.

(Perhaps not quite the same skill level, but definitely the same style. I wouldn't be surprised if this guy started out as a classical guitarist, like Dom did.)

13. actually he does know dominique in person

14. marcelocordova

marcelocordova

Apr 1, 2005
    hi ,thanks for visite my blog .