HEY...Spector export

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by 513rocks.com, Mar 13, 2005.

1. 513rocks.com

513rocks.com Supporting Member

Sep 22, 2004
    Mason, Ohio
    i just got a ns4 usa and have finally found the sound (bass) ive been looking for for years. after my first gig with it this weekend ive decided spector is all i want to play. im gonna sell a couple modulus basses this week and want another spector. heres my question....does a ns2 or euro lx have the same sound as a ns4? i know no two basses sound exactly the same but ive noticed ns4's are kinda hard to find. it seems most stores online only have ns2's that are american neck thru. this is going to be more in a backup bass role so im thinking of getting a euro lx with the tone pump. the problem i guess is that what i love most about my ns4 is the preamp/pups/controls. im afraid of getting a second spector with the p/j pickups cause i love those duel emg soapbars. also how would the tonepump preamp or whatever preamp they put in a ns2 compare to my 18v spector preamp? well thats whats going on in my head today after one of my best gigs in years last night. :) thanx mark
  2. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I dont tihnk the dual soapss will sound the same as P/J. hmm
  3. NOLA Bass

NOLA Bass Mr. Worst Case Scenario Man Gold Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2005
    New Orleans LA

I just played the new Euro LX in the store the other day. Really nice, a definite upgrade from the current CR basses in my opinion. I would recommend it from a value standpoint, especially if it is the primary backup. Although I think you'll find some variation in tone with the PJ vs. the soapbars, the key is that they still have that Spector growl!!
    I play an 83 Spector with the old HazLab preamp and a early SSD Czech model, and they have do have some nuanced differences. That being said, they both have the distinctive Spector sound. One noticeable difference I find is the oil finsih vs. the gloss finish. I find the the oil finish models are a little darker and a little more in the low end. Something else to consider when you pick your next Spector.
  4. 513rocks.com

513rocks.com Supporting Member

Sep 22, 2004
    Mason, Ohio
    mine is oil finished. i love it. i definitly want another oil finish. does anyone know where i can find a selection of ns4's on the net. basscentral mainly has ns2's. how can i find another ns4?
  5. Spectorphile

Mar 8, 2005
    Bass Nothwest should give you some pretty good pricing, I'm getting mine through there. They dont have lots in stock but you should just as easily be able to order one through them. Oil finishes are the way to go...